The Japanese version is the original, and this document is an English translation Version. In case of discrepancies, the Japanese version shall prevail. The Japanese original can be found at the URL below.
*Please click here to see the policies on the handling of personal information on the Society’s members-only website (jsco.members-we.com).
1. Definition of personal information
2. Management of personal information
In order to keep personal information in its possession accurate and up-to-date, and to prevent unauthorized access, loss, damage, falsification, leakage, etc. of personal information, the Society will take necessary measures such as maintaining a security system, developing a management system, and implementing thorough education, and managing personal information with appropriate safety measures in place. Please contact the Society for details on security control measures for personal information.
3. Purpose of use of personal information
- To provide services and for the Society’s operations, including the Website
- To respond to inquiries from the principal (including identification of such person)
- To identify individuals who are attempting to use the service for fraudulent or improper purposes, etc. or otherwise interfering with the operation of the Website, and refuse use by such individuals
- Purposes incidental to the above purposes of use
4. Change of purpose of use
The Society shall change the purpose of use of personal information only when it is reasonably determined that the purpose of use is relevant to the purpose before the change, or when permitted by law. If the purpose of use is changed, the changed purpose shall be announced on the Website.
5. Disclosure of personal information, etc.
When the principal of the personal information, etc. (meaning personal information and records provided by third parties; the same shall apply hereinafter) requests disclosure of personal information, etc., notification of the purpose of use of the personal information, or correction and deletion, etc., thereof, the Society will respond after confirming the identity of the person. Please contact us at the inquiry contact point referred to in 9.
6. Prohibition of provision of personal information to third parties
The Society will properly manage the personal information in its possession and will not provide personal information to third parties except in the following cases:
- When there is the consent of the individual, such as to members
- When the Society provides the information to a contractor to whom the Society outsources the handling of personal information in an appropriate manner in connection with the outsourcing
- When complying with laws and regulations
7. Use of Google Analytics
For the personal information protection system in California, the USA where Google LLC is located, please check the Personal Information Protection Commission website below.
Please check the following site for legal notices for Japanese users published by Google LLC.
9. Contact information
For inquiries regarding the Policy, please contact the following contact point.
Executive Office, Japan Society of Clinical Oncology, a General Incorporated Society